The Magnetic Resonance (MR) lab allows users to acquire advanced human MRI data (e.g. fMRI, DTI, VBM, Spectroscopy) with cutting-edge MRI technologies. The mission of the lab is to provide a safe and effective environment to its users, in order to allow them to focus exclusively on the scientific content of their experiment.
Siemens Prisma 3T: actively shielded, whole body 3 Tesla magnet, 80mT/m gradients with a slew rate of 200 T/m/s. The MR system is equipped with a 20 channels RF coil and a 64 channels RF coil for experimental neuroimaging applications.
- 32” LCD for visual stimuli (NNL);
- optic fiber digital microphone with noise cancellation for vocal registration during imaging;
- on-board Audio system (Siemens pneumatic headphones and earplugs);
- 2 x 4 button response pads;
- MR compatible glass frames (adult and pediatric, max -4 and +4);
- tactile piezoelectric stimulator;
- Eye Tracker (Eyelink1000);
- MR-compatible EEG (Brainamp, 64 channels);
- galvanic skin responses (Brainamp GSR);
- physiological data monitoring and recording (ECG, pOx, respiration pulses);
- other equipment can be made available upon request, after feasibility study.
- support in the definition of safety and technical aspects of research protocols involving the acquisition of human MRI data (achieved through a project proposal meeting to be held before the submission of the project to the ethical committee);
- optimization of pulse sequences and acquisition protocols;
- feasibility studies on new experimental setups;
- periodic safety training of all researchers that need to enter the lab;
- slot assignment;
- participant preparation (safety screening, paperwork, positioning and handling);
- provision of health staff to carry on the image acquisition tasks (physician and radiographer);
- monitoring of the environment during the experimental activity;
- maintenance and update of the scanner and the peripheral equipment;
- scanner room preparation and peripheral equipment setup;
- monitoring of stimulation setup;
- acquisition of structural and functional sequences on the console;
- management of MR images, metadata and data;
- data Anonymization and data transfer;
- archiving activity (paperworks and digital).
The MRI Lab is situated in via delle Regole 101, 38123 Mattarello (Tn). For any inquiry send an email to the email@example.com
See the following Wiki link
Send an email to the dedicated address asking for a project proposal meeting (PPM).