At the Cognition Across the Senses lab we study the role of multisensory processes in perception, attention, space representation and language in typical and atypical populations. We combine methods from psychophysics, neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience (EEG, MEG, fMRI) to investigate primarily two topics: (1) cognition in profoundly deaf, hard-of-hearing and people with cochlear implant; (2) body perception.
- multisensory perception and re-learning of auditory space in hearing and hearing-impaired individuals;
- language processing with cochlear implants;
- visual attention in deafness.
For a complete list see Francesco Pavani personal page
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (France), 2016-2019 (principal investigator), 550K euros
- LACAM Lab, CNR-ISTC, Rome, Italy (Maria Cristina Caselli, Pasquale Rinaldi)
- Faculty of Computer Science, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Rosella Gennari)
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Department, Rovereto Hospital, Italy (Giuseppe Nicolò Frau, reparto di Otorinolaringoiatria)
- Centre de Recherche en Neuroscience de Lyon (INSERM, CRNS, Université Claude Bernard), Lyon, France (Alessandro Farné; Valerie Gaveau)
- CERCO (CRNS), Toulouse, France (Pascal Barone)
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Department, Lyon City Hospital, France (Eric Truy)
- Psychological Sciences Research Institute (IPSY), Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium (Olivier Collignon)