search for information or people
CIMeC - Center for Mind/Brain Sciences

Are you interested in doing your internship at CIMeC?

Here you will find a list of the Center’s primary research areas: Research areas

Here you will find a list of the Center’s laboratories located in Rovereto and Mattarello: Laboratories

Here you will find a list of currently ongoing internship programs at the Center: Internship projects

We recommend you to contact a CIMeC researcher directly and ask about his or her availability to mentor you during your internship befor applying: Researchers

After doing that, we ask you to go online to apply and attach the following documents:

  1. Curriculum vitae (in English)
  2. Statement of purpose (in English)
  3. Course on workplace health and safety (if earned)

While you are applying you will be asked to state your preferred internship project. You can select up to three projects among those available. 

We will reply to your application within 2 weeks. If your request is accepted, you will receive all the information needed to start your internship.

Curricular internship

Students enrolled at UniTrento

If you are a student enrolled at UniTrento, contact your Department’s or Center’s Student Office before applying, to find out what you need to start your internship and have the credit transfer approved.

You have to go online to apply at least 2 weeks prior to the start of your internship. 

N.B.: If you are a student enrolled in the Cognitive Science Master Degree, please refer to this page.

Students enrolled in Italian Universities

If you are a student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in an Italian university, first check with your university’s relevant office if there isan already existing agreement with UniTrento. In case there is not, please ask your University to contact us to make a special agreement. 

You have to go online to apply at least 8 weeks prior to the start of your internship. 

Students coming from abroad

If you are a student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of a university located abroad, we recommend you to first check with your university if there is any agreement between them and the University of Trento (UniTrento) within the frame of international mobility programs (Erasmus+, Bilateral Agreements, etc.). If so, the activities you perform at UniTrento would be fully recognized and you will be guaranteed access to UniTrento student services as well as a scholarship to pay for your stay.

For more information, visit the UniTrento portal at the following link: International Mobility Opportunity at the University of Trento or refer to the Rovereto Internationalization Staff at the address: mobility-cs@unitn.it

If there is no agreement in place between your university and UniTrento, we will help you to sort out an agreement. In any case we strongly suggest you to start the application process at least 3 months prior to the desired start of the internship.

Professional Training (Apprenticeships)

If you have already graduated and are interested in a professional training to be able to register at the Board of Psychologists, we suggest you to inform the university you are coming from about the procedure and the deadline to activate the internship.

If you have graduated at UniTrento, you can refer to the Didactic Support Office at the address: supportostudentirovereto@unitn.it

Later, we ask you to go online to apply at least 2 months prior to the start of the internship.

Apprenticeship at CeRiN

CeRiN is the Center of Neurocognitive rehabilitation situated also in Rovereto. At CeRiN you have the possibility of doing the internship required by your program (pre-grad) or an apprenticeship for admission to the National exam – section A of the Board of Psychologists (post-grad).

If you are still attending courses, it is recommended to do the internship over a 6-month period (the number of hours varies depending on the university). If instead, you have already earned your master’s degree after completing the Psychology program, the apprenticeship may run for 6 months (500 hours) or 1 year (1,000 hours).

You can agree with your supervisor on the number of hours that you have to be present at the Center. Note, however, that it would be preferable to maintain a regular presence. Apprenticeships for UniTrento graduates start and end at fixed dates (as opposed to other universities), while no particular restrictions apply for pre-grad internships.

Due to a high number of requests and the limited number of positions available, the CeRiN conducts interviews for selection of candidates approximately 3 months prior to the internship or apprenticeship. For this reason, we strongly recommend you to go online to apply with sufficient time in advance, and attach the following documents:​

  1. Curriculum vitae
  2. Statement of examination results showing the marks of the exams that you have taken so far for the master’s degree and, if it applies, the result of the final examination.
  3. A brief letter explaining why you would like to become an intern or apprentice at the CeRiN and your specific area of interest.

You will be contacted before of the start of the internship or apprenticeship for a meeting and a fact-finding and motivational interview with the clinical manager and neuropsychologists.

During the meeting, the various possible activities to be performed at the Center will be presented, followed by the individual interview.

Other Information

Students performing experimental activities at CIMeC laboratories are required to take a course on workplace health and safety.

If you have already completed the course at UniTrento or your university, please send us a copy of the certificate. Otherwise, prior to your internship or apprenticeship, you must complete the course available online at the UniTrento portal: Online learning

If you are a non-EU student, you should account for the time it will take to obtain a visa. For more information, please refer to our Welcome Office at the address: welcome@unitn.it

Below you will find other useful information regarding your internship or apprenticeship at CIMeC.


If you are interested in an accommodation at one of Opera Universitaria’s residences, apply online at the following link: Posto alloggio - Altri Utenti 2018-2019

Please submit your application at most one month before the start date of your internhsip. Please specify "CIMeC internship" in the section "Tipologia Utenti" of the online application form.

Accommodations will be assigned based on availability.

For more information about Opera Universitaria residences or on how to find private accommodations in the Trento/Rovereto area, please see the following link: Housing


CIMeC interns and apprentices have access to the university cafeterias at student prices.

In order to access cafeteria services at student prices, a Opera Universitaria student card is required. The Opera Universitaria student card can be collected at the Opera Universitaria Helpdesk, located in Trento, at via della Malpensada, 140.

For the opening hours for the Opera Universitaria Helpdesk as well as other info about the Opera Universitaria student card, see http://www.operauni.tn.it/servizi/ristorazione/carta-dello-studente.

For more information about university cafeterias, please see the following link: Cafeterias